Wednesday, September 30, 2015

1am Personal Therapy Session

It's those hours between Tuesday and Wednesday. The house is oddly still and quiet, the kind that hurts your ears. I'm so tired but can't sleep. My heart is so full with burden...for, the one who lost her husband to cancer, the one addicted to drugs, the family of the sweet friend who just couldn't see the light through the dark tunnel she was lost in, the one recovering, the ones fighting for their lives. The list goes on and truly, the more God puts on my heart and the longer the "prayer list" gets, the more I realize how important it is to petition God for each other. It can seem so trite almost to tell one another that we will pray for them, kind of like the saying, " my thoughts are with you." (Huh? What does that mean). But truly, to carry one another's burdens before the throne, in prayer, is what we are called to do-really pray, not just say. We ALL have a story, a burden, a thorn in our side. One is not more important or tragic than the other in God's eyes. So, while I feel so heavy hearted for so many, I'll turn it over to God. Who loves and cares and knows exactly what each is going through. 
God thank you for hearing what only our heart can say when our words aren't sufficient.
I love you. You know, because you are GOD.

Disclaimer: please know this is just me, writing to myself as therapy;)...and putting it out in public.

O send our Your light and Your truth, let them lead me; let them bring me to Your holy hill and to Your dwelling. Then I will go to the altar of God, to God, my exceeding joy; yes, with the lyre will I praise You, O God, my God! Psalm 43:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive