Thursday, May 18, 2017

Birthday Boy (the last preteen year)

Today, Jameson turns 12.

He is named after my Papa, James. Not the whiskey:). Jameson means son of Jameson. 
He has green eyes, the only one of our 4 without brown, taking after both of his light-eyed grandmas.
He is witty, loves to laugh and goof around.
He is friendly to all. Seeking out friends wherever we may move, vacation or visit.
He also has a tender heart and can pray in a heartfelt and honest way. 
He likes to have fun, a lot. He also loves to get his haircut and is enjoying creating his personal style...wouldn't expect less though, from this creative boy.
He is confident and takes the stage with poise, but can also shy away from things he doesn't feel like he can perfect.
He shoulders much with grace and expresses his fears openly so we can walk and process life's challenges together, while we have this privilege.
He is a sports fanatic, changing with each season. And when he plays on a team he is de-di-cated! 
In fact, he is not only a dedicated team player, but also, a loyal friend. 

I'm thankful God entrusted him to Jason and Me. He brings us joy, challenges us, makes our family complete, as do all our children. 

Happy 12th Birthday Jameson Wesley.❤️

My verse for you Jameson...
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Round one ✔️

The port procedure went smooth and I'm happy with the placement...not too noticeable. And even though i still won't admit I'm okay with having a foreign thing in my body, it did make chemo pretty seamless today.
Praying it does it's job.
Update on the trial. I'm not eligible to participate because it's for triple negative breast cancer, and I am not.
Looking into other back up plans. Butttt I'd rather this just have this drug work. AND keep my hair (please Lord let me be in the 70%) :)
Coveting your prayers for effect chemo and death to cancer!

Friday, May 5, 2017

New and unwelcomed news.

So, Wednesday's scan results weren't "good". But God is good. The scan results don't change that...let me just make that clear.
However, I'm gonna need to kick it up a notch on the fight on this uphill battle.
I've said it before and I'm saying it again...I won't go down easy! Planning on kicking some cancer-ass (yes, it's ok to cuss when it comes to cancer;). 
The scan showed the cancer in my stomach area that we had seen whenever I had surgeries where they put the internal camera inside, but never showed up on a scan....until this week. It's also increased its presence on my liver and also near or kind of on the small and large intestine.  I had been feeling a little discomfort this past week or so on my left side so I figured there was something going on. 
There were 3 treatment options on the table. I'm choosing to do the most immediate and drastic first, which is iv chemo, thru a port (boooooooo:( ). Supposedly only 30% of those on this chemo lose there hair and I reallllllly hope I'm in the other 70 percent. Been there done that. Plus, I feel like it's so much easier on the kids if I don't "look" sick. 
The second treatment is a trial drug that actually opens today, but in order to retrieve my old tumor, test it and do the paperwork, we are looking at a 15-20 day start day from now. I don't like the idea of the cancer getting to have its way until then, so I'm choosing this iv chemo (which will begin next week) and if it doesn't work I'll switch to the trial, once approved.
Praise be to God I have great peace amidst this storm. It does seem, of course, really poor timing as I'm suppose to start packing because we move at the end of this month, but will be starting chemo instead. Maybe I'll just give everything away to make it easier ;). 
This morning I woke up with Psalms 23:4 running thru my head

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

I'm learning what this really means! Finding true comfort as I walk this road through the valley, shadowed by death. If I just keep my eyes straight ahead, focused on Jesus, the shadows don't seem as threatening, and I can still walk through the valley and enjoy the good things that are along the way.

Please pray for Jason, the kids and our families, as they wear the heaviest burden of watching through this process. Pray for God's healing for my body. This is the God who separated the ocean, flooded the lands but spared Noah his family and 2 of every kind of animal, allowed a small boy to take down a giant with one stone, who created the heaven and earth, who kept himself on the cross for the love of us....I know HE CAN heal me. 

Blog Archive