Sunday, October 12, 2014

Slow motion

I haven't blogged cus there is nothing new...worth blogging anyway. Lotsa waiting on a very slow insurance company...feeling like last week was in slow motion regarding treatment. Apparently, cancer isn't a pressing issue in their book. But it is in mine, so I'm letting them know;). 
I did get out with my mom a bit last week after surgery week... And while we were out, I saw a pillow that had a very appropriate saying.


Truth.

I was finally able to start my oral chemo yesterday (Tuesday) evening. It's 3 pills 2x/day...14 days on, 7 days off. I've had 2 doses and no side effects yet. It may be accumulative....but expecting the best:).
I start radiation one week from today, for 5 days. I went for my simulation on Monday. It will be a high dose in the sternum and the second anterior rib-targeting the cancer in the bone there. I'm looking forward to it very much because those areas have become very sore (like a bad bruise that hurts when touched). 
Have a happy day (hint: be thankful:))!

1 comment:

  1. We are continuing to pray for you & your whole family Britton. I can't imagine how difficult this roller coaster ride is for you. I am trusting Gods plan for you and praying for healing today. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive