Wednesday, October 5, 2016

A Tardy Update

I feel the need to state the obvious....I have been terrible at keep the blog current! Sorry!
This could mean one of two things;)...I'm either procrastinating, or so busy (which isn't a good excuse, because who isn't busy, right?). Well, the answer is both. So, here we go-the abridged version.

I had a scan and while most everything was stable (praise!) I did have 2 spots, one new and one a bit larger, near my aorta (prayer request). In attempt to stay on top of the disease progression, we came to the agreed decision of switching one of my 2 meds. Now instead of a second daily pill, I receive 2 shots every two weeks. I'm truthfully feeling good and am thankful for where God has me. 

School, soccer and football season is in full swing! Meran is cheering again, as well a member of the dance team. So, our Friday nights usually are spent at high school football games...and we love it. Bellen, Sutton & Jameson are playing soccer and Jason is coaching all 3 teams. In addition, Jameson is playing flag football at school, and has weekly games. This is so fun for him because he loves football but I can't get past the movie, Concussion (if you've seen it, you'll understand). So, for now, flag football will have to be his "football" outlet.

Another prayer request is that my mom has cancer. Or is it, had cancer? She had surgery last month to remove 2 tumors and the dr believes he got it all. She will begin chemo in a few weeks. And then, we are praying that we can close that door for good!

Through all the busy-ness, news, health concerns, memories made, God remains the same. Still faithful, all knowing, all powerful, all merciful....

This verse has come to my mind a lot recently-

The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10












No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive