Saturday, November 26, 2016

Giving Thanks for Thanksgiving

At age 41, I just prepared my very first Thanksgiving dinner! It was so fun, what was I so nervous about ?! Okay, I prepared all the main food, with the exception of the ham and turkey, which probably is considered the hardest part ;). But, if the Honey Baked Store is willing to cook them, why would I steal that business from them!? :) I'm so thankful to be physically able to host my family. It seems like such a simple thing...hosting a dozen people, cooking the food, setting the table, washing the dishes...not something I thought I'd be doing when I got rediagnosed 2 1/2 years ago with metastatic breast cancer. The future felt so "unknown" back then. It's still unknown, but I'm learning to not be scared just because I don't know, because God does.
I'm reminded constantly that it's so important to see where God has brought you, and from what you have been spared from (whether it be physical, spiritual or emotional place of hurting) or healed of, or sustained through. Because from that recognition of His movement in your life comes deep gratitude. 
I Thessalonians 5:18 says it perfectly-
In every situation be thankful and continually give thanks for God, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.

Giving thanks with a grateful heart. 

Happy heart?? Thank God!
Thank God=happy heart
See how that works?
Practice makes (near) perfect :)

    My youngest Turkey

   Three Generations 

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Praising God with you for every day He gives us breath. May God continue to give you new memories and new experiences as you LIVE life strong and courageous.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive