Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Reflection




It seems the older you get the more heartbreak you hear of. Recently, it seems that I have heard of several people walking thru a dark valley...the death of their child. I think every parent fears this. I know where my children would be and that ultimately they are the Lord's. But, it seems a dark, lonely, scary road to have to walk down. One that seems to have no end of deep pain.
Tonight I was working on a Dinosaur report with Meran. I decided to capture this simple and ordinary task of her 2nd grade life. I am SO grateful for the children the Lord has given me. I am so grateful that the Lord has given them health. I hope I remember those who have lost theirs, so in those times when I am tired, grumpy or short-tempered, I can see the big picture...I have them with me.
I read this verse on a blog of a parent that had lost their baby boy at 99 days old. It reveals much about their heart. I hope to keep my heart in this condition.
Job 1:21 (paraphrased)
The Lord gave. The Lord took.
Blessed be the name of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive