Sunday, March 25, 2012

Surgery Day

Surgery went great, according to the Surgeons. I was home within 24 hours, with pain managed. Although, it feels like an elephant has been sitting on my left arm & side for a very long time:)-the muscles are pretty sore. The normal thing to want to do is to not move my arm and baby it. But, just 11 hours after surgery the Occupational Therapist showed up with an exercise regiment that I am to do to keep from getting a stiff arm or losing any motion range. Needless to say, I am on it! Cancer won't take anything else from me, mark my word!
The whole process on Friday was surprisingly peaceful. I felt God's presence and did not have any fear. While we waited for me to be brought into the OR I read my Bible...letting it fall open to where it was suppose to, and God gave me this:

"O God you are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. So, I have looked for you in the sanctuary, To see your power and your glory. Because your lovingkindness is better than life. My lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless you while I live. I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips. When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches. Because you have been my help, Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice. My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me. But those who seek my life to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth.They shall fall by the sword. They shall be a portion for the jackals. But the King shall rejoice in God; Everyone who swears by Him shall glory; But the mouth of those who speak lies shall stop." Psalm 63


Now I just sit around and heal, not lifting anything heavier than a gallon of milk for 21 days. Needless to say, I am relying heavily on our parents, friends and Jason. More lessons in humility! I go back for a post-op check up April 2nd, where I will find out the results of the pathology report. Thank you so much for your prayers! I felt His peace, that surpasses all understanding, on Friday.
Ready to rock & roll...waiting to be taken to the OR

A delicious  liquid meal awaited me after surgery...Jello never tasted so good (since I hadn't eaten since 8am that morning)
I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive