Monday, March 9, 2015

Abundant Life

The thief does not come except to steal, and kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. John 10:10-11

The definition for abundant(ly) is present in great quantity, more than adequate, over sufficient; well supplied with something.

I love how the Lord doesn't just give us life, but that we would have it more abundantly! And while this life can be pretty good, this earthly life isn't "it"...we have an even better life beyond this...eternity with Him. Something I've seriously had to ponder this past year. I made the decision back in 2nd grade to follow Jesus. Looking back over the decades I see God's abundant love and mercies that He has poured over and into my life. They have become more clear and even more evident these past few years of my journey. When I look I can see Him everywhere! When I don't look for Him and keep my eyes on me, I become subject to the thief~stealing my joy, stealing my hope. 
I'm choosing to keep my eyes on Jesus. Yes, it's easy when things are going "good". But I'm choosing the abundant life all the time...full of joy and hope! 
Thank you, Jesus, for your abundant goodness and your unchanging promises, no matter what my circumstances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive