Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Trouble...

We all know, especially us parents, that trouble has lots of different spellings. Today, in my house, it was spelled the same as my youngest daughter's name.;)
It all started harmlessly enough, or so I thought. Bellen climbed up into one of the chairs at the kid's table, in the playroom. She motioned at the crayons and babbled. I was trying to get dinner ready and wanted to occupy her. My fault.
I gave her a Sesame Street coloring book and chose an orange crayon, reasoning this color could do lesson damage than, say, a  black or red crayon. Again, my fault.
I went back to preparing dinner, and all was calm. I know, from just over ten years of motherhood, that while silence is nice, it usual means something is wrong.
I walked to the playroom to find Bellen standing in the middle of the room with an orange MARKER in her hand. She had exchanged the crayon for a marker. Little pickle...she upgraded her coloring utensil!
It looked as though she had tried to put on "lipstick" and decorated her left wrist and right leg.
"Oh well", I thought. I chuckled at my naivety...thinking my 17 month old would sit & color,
snapped a few pictures and went back to the kitchen. (oh, and I did take the markers and put up high)



1 comment:

  1. Quite the little artist! Could have been sooooo much worse. Glad it wasn't on the walls! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive