Sunday, April 12, 2015

A Pondering

.


It's been a week since Easter...but I'm still pondering Jesus' sacrifice. One day, or even a weekend, does not suffice. I need more time to think about this. Pulling from all my distractions, breaking from my everyday routine. I wish I could just push "pause" and go lock myself away to ponder. It's such a challenge for my simple thinking brain to wrap itself around what He did, and even more, why He did it. My thankful heart swells!
Focusing on His sacrifice makes all my struggles of the flesh seem so insignificant, so meaningless, so "no big deal".  But, on the other hand...because of His sacrifice those struggles have deeper meaning...refinement.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far out weighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18

So I'll keep pondering because if I stop I fear I may forget my purpose...an eternal glory.

Meran and I have been praying for 5 others with cancer, as well as myself, since June. 3 have preceded us. Finally getting to go home, to the Lord. Achieving their eternal glory. A new body. Complete healing.
The more that precedes, the more real heaven seems and the more I look forward to it. Yes, the sadness of leaving loved ones in heartsick pain is hard. A hard that only those who have experienced know the true meaning of. But, for all of us who believe in Jesus Christ, we have eternity to look forward to together! Saying, "see you later", is so hard. But saying, "goodbye forever" is tragic. I want everyone I love and know there with me, even those I don't know! And Jesus wants you there even more than that...that's why He stayed on that cross.

If this is new news to you or you are curious to know more click here....

http://www.sdrock.com/knowgod/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive