Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Enjoy Every Moment

I picked up this pillow at Homegoods last week....it is the perfect reminder.


Especially on days like today. When the dog has stubborn fleas, the oldest boy has a fever and feels crummy for the 2nd day in a row, I keep finding sticky spots on the floor left from peach juice from the backyard tree's gifts, and there are 3 loads of clean laundry holding my bed hostage (if I want to sleep under the covers tonight, I better get folding).
But, the sunshine and lovely breeze coming in all the open windows remind me to "chill". Because...

Love is patient...
We will eventually pick every last flea off or find the right remedy.
Love is kind...
My sweet boy needs gentleness, tickles and lots of waiting-on.
AND for pete's sake, the sticky floor is sooo worth the delish mini peaches.
Love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily. I Corinthians 13:4 (AMP)

It's laughable that this morning, for the first 60 minutes or so, I was thinking I was getting through this day on my own. Thank you Jesus for helping me through every day. No matter what it holds. I confess my desire to want things to go "my way". Give me the strength to Enjoy Every Moment. 

This weekend there were many, many enjoyable moments, provided by our kids. They truly bring us so much joy and make our life so full of fun.
Meran performed both at the school play and the Rock Academy Gala. Jameson and Sutton had both flag football games and baseball. And Bellen...well, that little boss, I mean, girl provides her own fun with a touch-o-sass.

    (Snowflake, during the poppy scene)

    (Masked monkey on bottom row, right)



    Game ball for this guy after crack in' a home run!



    Oh, and this awesome happening occurred as I was getting dinner on the table Sunday night. Definitely needed that pillow saying and lots of Jesus that night. The bottle of bbq sauce fell out and the lid snapped off-squirting sauce from one end of the kitchen to the other. Kind looked like a crime scene. (I watch too much dateline :).

So, I'll enjoy every moment...the sticky, the feverish, the itchy, the tedious, the messy. Because, after all, to be able to experience any moment is a gift in itself.




1 comment:

Blog Archive