Tuesday, July 1, 2014

HBOT

Hello Squad! You don't mind if I call you that, do you?
You know, "squad", as in "cheerleading squad" (haha:)
That's what you all are to me, after all! 

I finished my second hbot (hyperbaric oxygen therapy) today. I spend an hour & 45 minutes in a sealed   clear chamber, with 100% oxygen exposure. Because of the risk of flammability, nothing can come into the chamber with you....except the really "cool" long turqouise gown they supply;), a few pillows and a sheet. So you have 2 choices in passing time 1) sleep 2) watch a movie (there are speakers in the chamber). I rarely rarely sit down to watch a movie so I guess I'll be catching up on 40 movies this summer!

Before the treatment Monday, I met with a doctor. He checked my ears to be sure the pressure of the experience wouldn't affect them (your ears pop as you begin & end the session).  I'll be doing 40 treatments, the recommended dosage for most people using hbot. And I'll be doing this approximately 4x/week. It's kind of like having a part time job that doesn't pay you, but rather you pay to go to:)! Insurance doesn't cover it and it's not recognized by most western doctors as a treatment for cancer.... But I've read some studies with promising outcomes and have heard people say that it has shrunk their tumor and made them feel energized. Hbot is used by athletes to heal their injuries quicker, burn victims, lime disease, and many more conditions. It's very exciting to me to have this opportunity and I am looking forward to seeing the outcome!

Thank you again to all of you who are helping to make my treatments possible. And for all the prayers for my complete healing! To God be the glory!

2 comments:

  1. Been praying for you lots and would love to talk to you if you want to. Miss you lots and hope to see you guys soon!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HBOT saved my life, Britton. It's a miracle and I'm so glad you are using it.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive