Monday, November 14, 2011

Let the Count Down Begin...

My oldest niece, Taryn, took this picture tonight of us at a family dinner. (She is very good at taking pics with her iphone:). This marks the last picture of me before Chemo and with hair:) DO NOT feel sorry for me. I don't feel sorry for me...just part of the journey. Sure, it might suck because I will have to choose what I wear around my hats, but, this too shall pass. And seriously, it could be worse.
Jameson did cry last week, though, because he is afraid that people will laugh at me when I have no hair. Sweet boy. He is so tender-hearted. I reassured him that I don't care what people think. Well, I may be a little self-conscious, but I am pretty sure it is because I might not like what I see in the  morning on some days. But, here in lies the problem. I. "I". My eyes will be on me.
Then Lord will gently remind me that I am to focus on Him. I will probably throw myself a pity-party for a few hours (hopefully it won't last all day). And then I will get over it. Remembering that, yes, sometimes things get hard, challenging, even crappy (excuse my language) but we are here to bring God glory. I choose Him. I choose Joy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Britton! Hannah forwarded me your blog and told me that you guys are moving back to San Diego. I'm praying that God will continue to give you peace and sustain you and your family through the changes you're facing in the coming months. I'm sure you'll be surrounded by an instant community here, but if you ever need help from north county, let me know! :) Coleen (Bouris) Montgomery

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive