Saturday, June 14, 2014

I have no veins...but do have friends!

Thank goodness the needle torcher, I mean, Petscan is over!
It took 3 people, 8 pokes and an hour & 15 minutes to finally access a vein!
The scan itself provided a nice little (almost) nap. 

The craziest part of the day, outside of the vein drama, was when I arrived in the waiting room. My mom (who sacrificed her day to bring me to the scan cus jason was out of town) was surrounded by 4 women. I thought, "wow, she made a lot of friends in those 3 hours".
Well, they weren't her friends, they were my friends!! From Visalia! Those crazy good friends drove 5 hours to surprise & support me on a day that was less than fun. A friend told me that's what she likes to call "heaven love"... Very appropriately.
What did we do, you ask? Well, I don't think UCSD medical center is just a few blocks from the mall by accident! I think The Lord orchestrated that to cheer people up, and provide retail therapy for those who like their therapy in the form of shopping bags and material possessions;). (Yep, that's me)
I had to be away from the kids for 6 hours, due to being radioactive from the iv injection that is needed for the petscan. So, it provided plenty of time for a leisurely lunch, shopping and a quick dinner before these 4 got back in the car and drove right back to Visalia! I know my sis-in-law, Leslie, wanted to join them but couldn't (sometimes it really is the thought that counts!:).

Thank you x1,000 for the prayers today! Thank you for all those who texted me wondering how it went. Thank you for waiting several hours for me in the waiting room AND being willing to be around me while radioactive (Mom, Phoebe, Karin, Marie & Christina). Thank you to my gem-of-a-mother-in-law who entertained and cared for my kids ALL day. My heart is full of gratitude and Jesus is the reason. He fills my cup, He gives me peace, He brings me joy (thru even things like...friends who give up their day to drive along time just to support you, then drive back home).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive