Saturday, June 14, 2014

Second time around

Usually when you do something a second time you sort of expect what is to come. Childbirth... Yep all 4 times the same steps occurred with the same joyous ending, a baby!
Moving...done that 3 times in the past 3 years...it's tiring, a pain and lots of work but once settled it feels soooo good!
Transition from summer to school schedule...oh, those early mornings seem so harsh come those first few days of school, but pretty soon it's like second nature.
Cancer...well, ok, not so much. It actually seemed so much worse hearing it this second time around. Unbelievable really. Like this isn't my life. But, after I screamed, cried and told God how mad I was with Him for allowing this again in my children's lives, I came full circle. The calm after the storm. Yes, my dingy was beat up from the horrendous wave of bad news, but I'm still here. He is still here with me. He never left... Let me throw my fit and gently hooked my beat up vessel to His strong and undefeatable tug boat. Now, I'm being pulled through the waves. Some big, some small. But the difference is I'm not doing this on my own strength. I've shut off my motor and am allowing my vessel to be powered by Him. 
Try it... that storm seems so much worse when you try to brave it alone.

Isaiah 26:1-4
In that day this song will be sung in the land of Judah: we have a strong city; God will appoint salvation for walls and bulwarks. Open the gates, that the righteous nation which keeps the truth may enter in. You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed in You, because he trusts in You. Trust in The Lord forever, for in Yah, The Lord, is everlasting strength. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive